We hope you will enjoy using the Clonskeagh Motors website (“website”), and we want to make sure your experience is as safe and useful as possible. Here you can find out how our website works, what data we collect from you, how we use it, conditions where we may disclose this data to others and how we keep it secure. By using our website, you agree to be bound by the terms of this policy.
Dermot Murphy Ltd. trading as Clonskeagh Motors (“Clonskeagh Motors”, “we” and “us”) takes the issue of security and data protection very seriously and strictly adheres to guidelines published in the Irish Data Protection Act of 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 which is applicable from the 25th May 2018. We are the data controller of any personal data that you provide to us. Any questions relating to this policy and our privacy practices should be sent to [email protected]
When you visit our website, we automatically save general information as server log files. The following data is logged:
- Used IP address in anonymous form (hidden the last octet);
- name of the retrieved page;
- date and time of retrieval;
- transferred amount of data;
- the message about successful retrieval or an error message;
- browser type and version;
- the operating system of the user;
- referrer URL (previously visited page)
As a rule, this information does not allow you to draw any conclusions about yourself and is collected by us for the purposes of error detection and correction, in order to operate our website safely. In addition, we track all website visits statistically and regularly evaluate the results in order to adapt our website to user needs. Our legal basis for the collection of access data is Art. 6 (1) b) GDPR.
Personal information that we collect, why we collect it and how we use it:
We obtain information about you when you use our website and we also receive information from you, for example when you are viewing vehicles or making online bookings. We need this information to enable us to provide our online services and where appropriate, our in-branch services booked through the website. This section sets out in more detail what information we collect, why we collect it, how we use it and how long we keep your information.
- To make an online Service or a Repair booking, we require your name, contact information and vehicle details. This information is required so that we can arrange your booking and notify you if there are any changes to the booking. You can also specify if you would like this information to be stored in a cookie, so as to avoid repeat typing in subsequent visits. If your car was purchased from Clonskeagh Motors, our aftersales system will already have your information and we will send you service reminders. However, if you are an Aftersales Customer only then we will ask you at the point of service whether or not you wish to receive service reminders and/or general Clonskeagh Motors marketing. If you do not wish to receive these reminders or general marketing, then your personal data will be deleted within a year. If you never fulfil your booking, then your personal data will be deleted within 6 months.
- When you search our New Car Special Offers or Used Car Stock Locator we may store information on the vehicles you searched for in a cookie so that we can personalise site content.
- We may track what type of vehicles you view so that we can make suggestions and personalise site content.
- We monitor visitor usage patterns to help us continually improve the site.
- If you enter one of our competitions, we require your name, e-mail address and daytime telephone number so we can contact the winner. The competitions are subject to the following terms and conditions. One entry per person. All entrants will be considered, and the winner will be picked at random by the Clonskeagh Motors team. Winners will be contacted by phone or e-mail after the prize draw. All prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable. Entrants must be 18 years or older to enter and claim a prize from any of our competitions. Unclaimed prizes may be offered to other competition entrants within 48 hours of first notification to the winner. Competitions run on social media are not endorsed, sponsored, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. If you do not opt-in to receive marketing from us, then your data will be deleted following the outcome of the prize draw.
- To make an online enquiry and book a test drive we would need your name, contact information and a copy of your driver’s licence, we will store a copy of this for 6 months, in case of any speeding, parking or any motoring offence that may occur.
- Similarly, if you take a courtesy car from our service department then we would require your name, contact information, insurance details and a copy of your driver’s licence, we will store a copy of this for 6 months, in case of any speeding, parking or any motoring offence that may occur.
- Occasionally, we may use your e-mail address to send you information about changes to this website, we will ask you for permission to do so.
- Please be aware that if your online enquiry leads to the purchase of a vehicle from Clonskeagh Motors, then at the point of sale (under a contractual obligation) we will collect your full name, address, two contact telephone numbers, date of birth, drivers licence details, payment details, details of the vehicle you are buying and any details of the vehicle you are part exchanging including mileage and NCT information if relevant. Your details will be retained in line with all regulatory laws and for no longer than 7 years. Your details will not be used for marketing purposes unless you have given us permission to contact you in this way.
- If finance is required when purchasing a vehicle, we will be required to collect further details including your marital and housing status, number of dependants, previous address, occupation, employer, business address and bank details as well as a copy of your driver’s licence, a proof of address (i.e. a utility bill) and any other relevant documentation. This information will be passed by Clonskeagh Motors with your permission to finance companies and if you are approved for finance the copies of your documentation will be securely shredded after 12 months. Your personal information will be stored on your order form which will be kept for 7 years after which it will be removed.
- If your online enquiry leads you to visit a branch we use CCTV to monitor all our premises, therefore your image and potentially your vehicle registration will be captured and stored for up to 6 weeks.
We review our data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law (we may be legally required to hold some types of information), or as set out in any relevant contract we have with you.
It is your choice whether you receive information such as marketing from us and you can select this by ticking the relevant boxes on the form where we collect your information. We will not contact you for marketing purposes unless you have given your prior consent. If you have agreed to receive marketing from Clonskeagh Motors we may e-mail to inform you of new products available. If, at any time, you no longer wish to receive this information, please send a written request to [email protected]. Also, all of our email marketing correspondence gives you the option to opt-out of receiving further marketing emails. Please note that you will still receive emails directly related to an enquiry you have submitted via our contact form.
If you have opted-in to receive marketing material from us, we will use your name and email address to send out this information.
Access to your information:
You may request, at any time, a copy of the personal information the Company holds about you, at no cost. Should you wish to access or update the personal information that we hold, please contact us by sending a written request to Customer Services Department, Clonskeagh Motors, Clonskeagh Road, Dublin 14 or [email protected]
If you wish to have the information the Company holds on your person removed, please request this in writing to Customer Services Department, Clonskeagh Motors, Clonskeagh Road, Dublin 14 or [email protected] - as long as your information is not pertinent to the completion of a contract or required for any legal reason it will be removed.
If you are concerned that we are not using your information in accordance with the law, or are not satisfied with our response to a request made above, then you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Please be aware that the transmission of information via the internet is not always completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the complete security of your data transmitted to us electronically; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to restrict unauthorised access.
Data storage and use of data outside of the European Economic Area:
We store your data on secure servers inside the European Economic Area (EEA).
Some of our third-party contractors are based outside of the EEA however, we have strict control over how and why your data can be accessed. By submitting your personal data, you are consenting to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your data outside the EEA we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures with the aim that your rights continue to be protected as set out in this policy.
Disclosing your information:
We may disclose your personal information to third parties under the following circumstances:
- If we sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer of such business or assets.
- If Dermot Murphy Ltd t/a Clonskeagh Motors or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- We work with various third party providers to help us deliver our products and services, and we only disclose your information as far as is necessary to provide the service. However, we have contracts with third party suppliers we will have completed necessary security checks and full due diligence to ensure that your data is kept safe once passed to the third party. All third parties only have the right to use your data to complete an obligation, they do not have marketing rights over your data. Your data is used including in the following circumstances:
- We may contract a data cleansing organisation to ensure all data is accurate and up to date.
Cookies are small text files, placed on your hard disk by a web page server. They are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
We will use encrypted information gathered from the cookies to improve your online experience with Clonskeagh Motors.
None of the cookies on our web site collect or store personal data, we only store standard internet log data for our internal reporting purposes. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the Clonskeagh Motors web site. We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone, keeping your privacy as well as allowing us to improve the web site wherever possible.
The Clonskeagh Motors website does collect some personal / identifiable information but this is always done through asking you the user to enter details such as your email address. We will never capture personal information without making you aware first.
You still have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Clonskeagh Motors services or web site.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ Alternatively, you can search the internet for other independent information on cookies.
Some of the cookies we use will expire after you close the browser window. These are called session cookies. Some cookies last longer than this, because they are used to identify return visits to the website.
What cookies we use and why
Types of cookies:
- Session cookies are deleted when you leave our websites. They help keep track of your progress so you don't have to enter the same information more than once.
- Persistent cookies stay on your device after your browsing session has ended. They will remember settings, preferences and details for the next time you use the websites.
- First party cookies are set by the website owner, i.e. Clonskeagh Motors.
- Third party cookies are set by other parties, such as Google, Facebook and Twitter.
- Necessary cookies are required for the operation of our website.
- Performance or analytical cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, for example, remember your preferences (for example, location, etc.).
This section is a table which explains why we use certain cookies and what they do.
|_SAUSAGEAPP||www.ckinskeaghmotors.ie||336||Website session management|
|CFGLOBALS||www.clonskeaghmotors.ie||344||Website session management|
|CFID||www.clonskeaghmotors.ie||10||Website session management|
|CFTOKEN||www.clonskeaghmotors.ie||59||Website session management|
|_ga||clonskeaghmotors.ie||29||Google Analytics website tracking|
|_gid||clonskeaghmotors.ie||30||Google Analytics website tracking|
|carzone-gallery-view||www.clonskeaghmotors.ie||49||Retains used car layout view|
|cb-enabled||www.clonskeaghmotors.ie||18||Used car state management|
Third party cookies:
|APISID||.google.com||40||3rd Party Google tracking cookie|
|CONSENT||.google.com||33||3rd Party Google tracking cookie|
|HSID||.google.com||21||3rd Party Google tracking cookie|
|NID||.google.com||286||3rd Party Google tracking cookie|
|SAPISID||.google.com||41||3rd Party Google tracking cookie|
|SID||.google.com||74||3rd Party Google tracking cookie|
|SIDCC||.google.com||81||3rd Party Google tracking cookie|
|SSID||.google.com||21||3rd Party Google tracking cookie|
We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. ("Google"), on all websites. Google Analytics uses its own "cookies" (see above). On behalf of Clonskeagh Motors, Google uses this information to evaluate every use of our websites, to compile reports on website activity in general, and to provide other services related to website activity and internet usage to Clonskeagh Motors. The IP address provided by Google Analytics as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google data. Google is an American company that uses servers in the United States and has been licensed by us to transfer personal information worldwide, including to non-EEA countries. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, due to the activation of IP anonymisation on our websites, your IP address will be shortened by Google beforehand within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the US and shortened there. By setting this in your browser, you can prevent the installation of cookies. In addition, you may prevent the collection by Google of the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) as well as the processing of this data by Google by downloading the browser plug-in available under the following link and install: Browser Add On to disable Google Analytics . Our legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 (1) b) GDPR and Art. 6 (1) f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest is e. g. the organisation of our advertising to increase our sales.
Our website uses Google Conversion Tracking. If you have reached our website via an advertisement sent by Google, Google Adwords will set a cookie on your computer. The conversion tracking cookie is set when a user clicks on a Google-served ad. These cookies lose their validity after 30 days and are not used for personal identification. If the user visits certain pages on our website and the cookie has not expired, we and Google may recognise that the user clicked on the ad and was redirected to this page. Each Google AdWords customer receives a different cookie. Cookies can not be tracked through AdWords advertisers' websites. The information obtained from the conversion cookie is used to generate conversion statistics for advertisers. Customers will be told the total number of users who clicked on their ad and were redirected to a page tagged with a conversion tracking tag ("clicks"), the number of times their ad was shown ("impressions"), and the number and type of ads Actions users take after clicking an ad on the linked web page ("Conversions"). However, they do not receive information that personally identifies users. Google is an American company that uses servers in the United States and has been licensed by us to transfer personal information worldwide, including to non-EEA countries. If you do not want to participate in the tracking process, you can refuse the required setting of a cookie - for example via a browser setting that generally deactivates the automatic setting of cookies or sets your browser to block cookies from the domain "googleleadservices.com". Please note that you can not delete the opt-out cookies as long as you do not want to record measurement data. If you have deleted all your cookies in the browser, you must set the respective opt-out cookie again. Our legal basis for the use of Google AdWords is Art. 6 (1) b) GDPR and Art. 6 (1) f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest is e. g. the optimisation of our advertising to increase our sales.
To find out even more about cookies, visit: http://www.aboutcookies.org
The additional cookies that run during your session will collect information about your computer in the form of server logs, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions. Disabling cookies ensures that your IP address will not be recorded.
Clonskeagh Motors recommend that you accept cookies, as we use them to:
- Customise elements of our website’s layout and content, and test different designs of our websites to improve your experience.
- Recognise when a user has visited before, meaning we can see how many unique visits we receive. We can then make sure the websites are easy to use and have enough capacity.
- Remember your preferences and settings, such as text size and language.
- Recognise your device so you don't have to provide the same information during your visit, or on subsequent visits.
- Help us identify errors and resolve them effectively.
- Establish what information is relevant to you while you are browsing our websites.
- Collect statistical, anonymous information about how our visitors use/interact with our digital services so we can improve them.
- Learn which parts of our websites are most popular and improve them.
- See how effective our online messages are.
However, you can choose to decline cookies by changing your browser settings.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The Website may offer you the opportunity to share or follow information about us (or the website or our services) using third party social networking functionality (such as through "share this", "like" or "follow" buttons).
We offer this functionality in order to generate interest in us, the website and our services among the members of your social networks, and to permit you to share and follow opinions, news and recommendations about us with your friends. However, you should be aware that sharing personal or non-personal information with a social network may result in that information being collected by the social network provider or result in that information being made publicly-available, including through Internet search engines.
When contacting you by email, we will only ever use the following email domains:
If you receive an email that doesn’t end with any of the above, please check all content before clicking on any links.
We will never ask for your personal information via email.
We endeavour to only send you information that’s relevant to you. As a Clonskeagh Motors customer, please be assured that your information and online security is of the utmost importance to us.
Any changes we may make to our privacy and cookies policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail.
This policy was updated on 24th May 2018.
Offer ends on the: 31/07/2022
Offer ends on the: 31/12/2022
Air-con Regas & Service
Offer ends on the: 31/12/2022
HondaCare Roadside Assistance
Offer ends on the: 31/12/2022
Honda's Servicing Solutions
- Our Promotions
- Our Latest News